Beginners Infinity Scarf
This is a simple beginner’s infinity scarf pattern. Great project for beginner knitters that want to practice knitting with circular needles, or advanced knitters that want a fast and easy project. All you need to know for this pattern is to cast on, cast off, the knit stitch, and the purl stitch.
- 2 skeins (200g/88yards): Knit Picks “Tuff Puff” super bulky yarn.
- Size 17 US (12.0mm) circular 32-inch needles.
- 1 stitch marker (or paper clip).
- Scissors and crochet hook to weave in ends.
*Check out the Beginners Infinity Scarf KIT. Includes the 2 skeins of yarn, circular needles, a stitch marker, and copy of pattern. Available for purchase see last page for more details.* http://jjferrigno.com/collections/knit-crochet/products/beginners-infinity-scarf-kit
- Gauge: 3 stitches = 2 inches (for this project, gauge is not very important, but here it is for those that like to check the gauge)
- Length:5 inches (69.9cm)
- Width: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Cast on 83 stitches.
- Place stitch marker at the beginning of round.
- *Knit 1, Purl 1* repeat until scarf is about 4 inches in width.
- Bind off and weave in ends.
Cast on 83 stitches to your circular needles. Be sure that all your stitches are facing the same direction and are not twisting.
Place stitch marker at the beginning of the round. (If you do not have a stitch marker, you can use a paper clip.)
The whole pattern will be *Knit 1, purl 1*. Keep doing this until scarf is approximately 4 inches in width. Make sure to leave enough yarn to bind off.
Bind off. Then weave in your ends with a crochet hook.
**If you need guidance in making this scarf please visit our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWypISI3kjuS2MMakOjeQA where we make knitting vlogs. We will have a video tutorial specifically for this scarf. We also have videos to teach you the basic stitches such as the knit stitch, the purl stitch, and the cast on and cast off. Enjoy your new infinity scarf!
Beginners Infinity Scarf Kit:
This kit includes beginner’s infinity scarf pattern with the yarn, circular needles, and stitch marker. You can choose from 9 different colors for your yarn: